Monday, February 2, 2009

Let the holidays begin!

This was yet another busy holiday season for us, but we so enjoy spending time with family!  

We started it off the weekend before Thanksgiving at TJ's parents house for his birthday celebration and Thanksgiving at their house!  I definitely ate way too much.

We spend Thanksgiving Day with my mom and her side of the family.  It is so good to see everyone because they live so far away.  We cooked everything on an open fire and the day could not have been more beautiful! 

Then, Thanksgiving weekend, we headed to Corinth to see my grandfather and for the guys to do a little hunting and PJ and me to do a little shopping!!  And, of course, the guys had to burn something (long story.. but ends with 3 fire trucks and 2 or 3 acres burned...)  When we got back from Papaw's, it was time for another work week and for TJ and me to celebrate our 1 year anniversary!!! Wow!! 1 year!  

Then, we headed back to Southaven for Jen and John's wedding and we got to hang out with Robert and Alison, which it felt like we haven't seen in a while!  So much is going with my their wedding fastly approaching!!

I think the next weekend, Shanon, a coworker and fellow seamstress, and I headed to my mom's office to finish up some loose ends on our sewing adventure!  We spent practically all day and we had so much fun sewing our blankets, stockings and learning how to make bows!

The weekend before Christmas - Saturday, we had Christmas with my mom, stepdad and his side of the family and Sunday, we headed to Lambert to visit with TJ's grandmother and his dad's siblings and their families.  One of his aunt's made some divinity that was to die for!  Too bad we don't have the right weather in the south.  But it might be a good thing!

The week of Christmas was a short week for me at work.  Luckily, this go around, I had some time off saved up and was able to take Christmas Eve off so we could spend more time in Southaven.  We headed up there Tuesday afternoon and ate with TJ's grandparents and swapped gifts!  We always love spending time with his Papaw and memaw.  
They have a Christmas Eve tradition at their house where everyone opens their gifts that night with just us there.  Adams was able to join us later that night after spending it with his family. 

We got up early Christmas day morning and headed back to Jackson to go spend the rest of the day with my Dad, sister, Ben and Addison!  Santa brought her a trampoline! We had some fabulous food and enjoyed each others company while watching Mamma Mia!!

Saturday after Christmas, we trucked again to my mom's to spend the day with my aunts, uncle and cousins to celebrate the reason for the season!  My grandmother was missed dearly, but we know she was looking down on us watching enjoy each other's company.

The next few days went by fast because I was off for New Year's and Robert and Alison came down to spend some time with us.  We went to dad's and had a blast shooting fireworks, cooking and playing guitar hero.  

New Year's Day seemed to go by real fast!  Went to visit mom for our New Year's tradition of eating peas, cabbage and ham!  I also found out that day that Morgan and Adams got engaged!! CONGRATS to them!  I wish them the best and hope he comes back safely from Iraq.

That's all for now.  Will post more later


No comments:

Post a Comment