Sunday, October 26, 2008

New hobby!

So... Since TJ has taken up hapkido (a type of karate), I finally figured that I needed a hobby. My mom is awesome as sewing and she is pretty much the only one that knows how to do it in our family. I have decided to put every effort towards learning how to sew. My first project was a pillowcase and I think I did a pretty good job considering it was my first project. My next project is a minky dot/swirl blanket for my niece. It was supposed to be a birthday gift, but I didn't get the swatches in time to order the fabric. I will post some pictures when it is complete! Wish me luck! Maybe this is something that I could do on the side for a little extra money. I dunno. TJ says that I can't make up my mind between this and photography... oh well... you can have more than one hobby! I mean good gracious, I saw one of the blankets that I want to make on the internet on sale for $95.00... good gosh. It definitely doesn't take that much to make one... here is the picture of what it might look like... we will see...
And some places around here sell the little baby blankets for $40 to $50 bucks... I will keep you updated on my new adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment